Thursday, May 22, 2008

-- Blog feeding

I've been sayin RSS this RSS that... but do I use it myself? Yes. But that was after I found this more "efficient" solution.

Desktop RSS readers eat up resources that I'm not willing to spare, while online RSS readers doesn't present the RSS contents that well. So in the end I realized, contents are best presented through the website itself.

But I still want to avoid checkin each website one by one. What to do?
Get a half-arsed RSS reader. The only marfan part is registering with Google. Then use iGoogle (once u use this, u won't want a plain Homepage anymore).

I present, my "Blogs" tab in iGoogle, which I previously didn't have when I wrote about it.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Each feed is an iGoogle gadget. Click on the Blog name to go to the blog or click on the post to go to the post itself. Or you can expand a post to have a quick albiet "squeezed" view (which I don't use). Here's a quick view featuring Wai Hoe.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

How to add? Freaking easy. Just click Add Stuff at the upper right side. Then look for Add feed or gadget at the left column. And then throw in those feed links...
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And what to do with that empty space over there? Throw in a fish feeding gadget.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
So cute wub.